National Damage Prevention Day hosted by LSBUD
The National Damage Prevention Day hosted by LSBUD took place on 20 June 2019 at the RICOH Arena in Coventry.
- 150 delegates gathered at the Ricoh Arena in Coventry on 20 June 2019 to discuss the critical subject of preventing damage to GB’s utility networks at the National Damage Prevention Day hosted and organised by LSBUD (Linesearch BeforeUdig).
- Organisations represented include UK Power Networks, SGN, Cadent, Electricity North West, Wales & West Utilities, Openreach, Streetworks UK and the Geospatial Commission as well as many more in the utility and contracting world.
- The key objective of the day was to highlight best practices employed by those in attendance to allow other delegates to take those experiences back to their teams.
- With the rollout of significant infrastructure projects, introduced by Kevin Fowlie on behalf of Streetworks UK and explored further throughout the day, there is likely to be more, and harder to trace, assets in the ground. Avoiding damage to these harder to identify and growing utility assets will place a growing demand on those undertaking works.
- Furthermore, with higher expectations and costs of working (through schemes such as lane rental), site operatives may well be working under increasing pressure to complete the works in a shorter timeframe.
We look forward to meeting more of our Users and Members and encourage them to visit us on our future exhibitions and share their experiences with us.
The LSBUD Team